Faced with tooth loss? Find out if you should be getting dental implants to replace your missing teeth.
Are you one of the millions of Americans who a missing tooth? Tooth loss can happen for a number of reasons, from severe decay to infections. If you didn’t come in for treatment right away our Orange City, CA, dentist, Dr. Andrew Yoon, may have recommended getting a tooth extraction. Once the tooth has been removed, it’s time to consider whether a dental implant is the best way to replace your missing tooth or teeth.
What is the purpose of dental implants?
When you lose a tooth you don’t just lose the crown, you also lose the roots that are hiding underneath. When this happens, the jawbone doesn’t get the stimulation it needs to stay healthy and strong. As a result, the jawbone will begin to deteriorate. To prevent this, our Orange City general dentist will place an implant, a tiny metal post, into the jawbone where the tooth’s roots used to be. The implant’s job is to take on the same function as these tooth roots.
Should I get a dental implant?
Here are some reasons to consider getting a dental implant if you are missing one or more permanent teeth:
- They function and look just like real teeth
- They will preserve the jawbone and prevent bone loss
- They’ll provide support for the muscles and bones in the face to prevent changes to the shape of your face
- They will fill the gaps in your smile and prevent teeth from shifting into these gaps
- They are permanent restorations that are designed to last a lifetime
- You won’t have to change your oral care routine or what you eat
- You’ll have a restoration that stays in place and doesn’t need to be removed every night
- You’ll improve your oral health
- You’ll bolster your confidence
Cape Vista Dental in Orange City, CA, is ready to restore your smile for the long run. Let’s find out if your smile is right for dental implants. We know you won’t be sorry when you have a restoration that both looks and feels just like a natural tooth.